We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Satay Chicken

THIS IS SOOOOOO GOOD!  So good that my husband and my two year old want me to make it again tomorrow night!  I got this recipe from Deceptively Delicious.  Its so easy to make and if you prep before dinner, it only takes about 15 minutes (maybe even less) to make.

SAUCE
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 C coconut milk
  • 1/4 C sweet potato puree (for lazy people like me, they sell organic sweet potato puree in a can)
  • 3 Tbs creamy peanut butter (I used Almond Butter)
  • 2 Tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 2 Tbs of fresh lime juice (about 1 large lime)
CHICKEN SKEWERS
  •   boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 3 and it was NOT enough - we all wanted more)
  • wooden skewers
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 2 Tbs olive oil
Put all ingredient for the sauce in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.  Set aside.

Cut chicken into strips and coat with salt, garlic powder, pepper, paprika, and olive oil.  Thread chicken onto skewers.  Cook 7-9 minutes per side in a large skillet.  Serve with sauce immediately.  [I used a grill to cook my chicken on.  This model is discontinued, but you get the idea.]

YUM!!

- AK (MESE, MECD)

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...