We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Homemade Granola Bars

I love this recipe.  Its much healthier than processed granola bars and my son loves making them with me.  It was given to me by one of the moms that contributes to this page, and Im sure she wont mind if I share it.  Thanks AB!!


2 1/4 cups whole oats (I use oats with flax seed)
2/3 cup flour (or any flour - corn flour for a gluten-free option - or you can use whole wheat flour)
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup honey
1/3 vegetable oil
2 eggs
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
CUSTOMIZE: 1/4 cup raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, or anything else you want to add to your bars

I use - raisins, dates, and sometimes mini-chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well. If you’re short on time and dishes, add the wet ingredients directly to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Otherwise, combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl before adding them to the dry. Transfer the mixture to a  a lightly oiled 9×13 pan. Use a spatula to firmly press the mixture into the pan. Bake for 25 minutes, until brown and firm. Remove from oven and cool. Cut into squares. Eat or freeze. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...