We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Advanced Squishy Bag

This is a great activity for older children with better dexterity than a 2 year old.  My son helped me make it, but he didn't really play with it.  I have used it with students in the past and just wanted to share it with all of you.  

You don't need a light table for this activity - you can just add items to the bag that accomplish the goal you are looking to attain.  I used the light table - because its awesome!  LOL  Its pretty multisensory, and for one of my former students it was very calming - hence a great teaching tool for him.

You place objects in the bag and have the child push the matching objects together.  Here are some ways you can use it:
  • matching (colors, letters, numbers, etc)
  • color recognition
  • upper case to lower case letters
  • beginning sounds (seen here)

THINGS YOU NEED 
Clear Hair Gel
Quart size Ziploc bag
Objects

 I used translucent letters and shapes that have the corresponding beginning sound


 Hair Gel (dollar store)



 My 2 year old helped me make the bag.  



 Adding the objects to the bag



 Objects in bag and on light panel



 All matched up

-AK
(MESE, MECD)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...