We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Little Blue Truck - Playing with Literature

I love bringing our stories to life.  We often tell stories with STICKERS and OBJECTS.  We've brought Three Little Pigs to life.... Click HERE, and also made MOUSE PAINT come alive on the light panel.  Here is yet another extension off our "playing with literature".



Little Blue Truck Invitation

For those of you that do not have this book I would highly recommend it.  You can see it HERE

The animals are THESE

The toad and dump truck we just happened to have around the house.

AK purchased the blue truck (as well as the book) for my 27M old first birthday.  She got it at Learning Express.  

The white board on the floor is often used in our play.  It is just a piece of plywood painted white, with trim around the edges.  We use this ALL the time.  

Sometimes they ask me to tell the story and sometimes they tell the story.  Invitations like this usually stay up in our house for quite a while.  

Here is a short video clip of my 27th month old telling her favorite part of the story.  




7 comments:

  1. W love this story! You can get it free at Barnes and Noble with purchase of two other kids books....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her video! I'll definitely be purchasing the book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found your blog!!! I recently became a SAHM to my 18th old son and have been having a hard time coming up with things to do. Thanks for all the great ideas!
    ~ Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love this book and the other little blue truck story! This is such a great activity. Going to have to go get all the animals now! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 18 mo calls this book "honk honk" its her fav book

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been my guy's favorite book since October! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! Check out my parenting project here-- http://5for50project.blogspot.com/ I just did a post about tactile experiences for baby! Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...