We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Water Board

This is actually something I used to do with my students.  I have been thinking about it for a long time now, and I have a fan - Carolyn Darr, to thank for inspiring me to finally do it.  I would tell you all of the things you need, but really all you need are a board and various containers (and a drill)....the creativity is up to you.  I used clear containers (cause Im all about clear containers) and I added color to the water.  My son loved this.  He actually drilled the holes in all the containers for me as well as a few in the board itself (yes, he is 2 and I trust him with a drill - LOL).  I recommend starting from the top and pouring water before adding the next step to make sure its flowing the way you want it.  I would love to make an even bigger and more extravagant one - we just used what we had on hand today. (...and please excuse the underwear - you're lucky he has clothes on at all - LOL)   - AK


Pouring in the water
His favorite part was the wheel - for sure (we took it off of a sand toy)

3 comments:

  1. Where did you get the water wheel? I did a search but came up empty. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its actually the wheel off of a sand toy. - AK

    ReplyDelete
  3. How bad were your students that you had to water board them?? LOL
    Did anyone else think that when they started reading this?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...