Wednesday, June 8, 2011
A lot of you have been asking how we stay organized and have time to do our other responsibilities all while having precious play time with our kids. Here are a few ideas that we hope help.
1. I often get up before my children by 20 or 30 minutes. Just that little amount of time helps me get prepared and ready for the day child free.
2. Prepare meals and snacks and even drinks during sleeping times. If this is often time you spend with your significant other... do it together! Just by having a cup full of water or a bottle of milk ready it makes the flow of the day go soooo much better.
3. Routine, Routine, Routine. I can't say that enough times. Get your kids in a routine and you will be amazed at how well they do.
4. Let your kids help. As soon as my children could walk they were using a broom and helping put dishes and laundry away. Kids love and need order. You will see that they enjoy these activities and the time spent with you.
5. Everything should have a place. If you don't know where it goes how are your kids supposed to know where it goes? Use plastic bins, old jars, containers (goo gone is a great product to take off labels) what ever you have on hand to keep things neat and ORGANIZED.! If your kids can't read yet take a picture of what is inside the bin and tape it to the outside of the box.
6. Get rid of clutter. I know this is hard for a lot of people but try to get rid of old magazines, go through your junk mail each day, etc. You will feel so much better and keeping things clean and organized will be soooo much easier.
7. Use your wall space. You will see in a lot of pictures in our environments our walls are also a great place for storage. Put up a shelf, hang baskets, or put up a peg board. Men's tie racks are also a great wall organization idea for hanging stuff.
8. Be realistic. You can only do so much. If something doesn't get done and you need to choose between that pile of laundry and playing with your kids. Choose your kids! The laundry can wait until tomorrow. :-)