We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Friday, April 5, 2013

Exploring Spacial Patterns on the Light Panel



Lately my son sees letters, numbers, designs, and patterns in everything from the clouds in the sky to the pine cones on the ground.  I love seeing the world through his eyes.  I wanted to offer him an open ended invitation to explore designs, symmetry, spacial patterns, etc that I once used in my classroom.  I used google images to search for random designs, and then printed those designs onto TRANSPARENCY SHEETS.  I set up the invitation and it was a bigger hit than I anticipated.  He was very engaged in this for almost an hour....and even asked me to print more designs (which I let him choose).



The Invitation

The "zig-zag" was his favorite.


LOVE!!



"Mommy, I made a zebra."


- AK (MESE, MECD)

4 comments:

  1. Cool! I want to try this with my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Where did you find the designs to print?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius! I'm going to print some labyrinths and mazes! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...