|gems (from Michaels), glass jar, hot glue gun|
The invitation went like this:
- "What's that, Mommy?"
- "Its a Halloween invitation. [holds up jar]. Can you think of something that's shaped like this that we see at Halloween time?"
- "Its just round like a ball."
- "Yes, its round like a ball. What are some Halloween items that are round like a ball."
- "Ummmm, I don't know."
- "Is it shaped like a bat?"
- "Is it shaped like a witch?"
- "No. Its shaped like a pumpkin."
- "It is. What colors do you see when you look at a pumpkin?"
- "Orange with a stem. Oh, I can make one. Can I use this?" [picking up glue gun]
- "Of course you can. Don't forget that the tip is very hot, so your hands stay on the blue part. And what else is hot?"
- "The glue."
- "Yes. The glue is very hot."
|It was right about here that he burned his finger on some hot glue...and cried....and got some love....and continued on.|