We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ice Play....The Frog Castle

Playing with ice is a favorite activity at our house.  You can see several more ice play ideas at these links…


I let my son choose some new molds for ice play (I showed him pictures and he chose the ones he wanted).  He picked people and frogs.  I love the people because they actually have different emotions, which made for a fun opportunity to talk about emotional intelligence.




The Invitation

People

He counted the people and found the corresponding number.


I asked him how many blue blocks he lined up.  He didn't say a word, just got the #5 and put it next to them.

Three frogs

"Look, Mommy.  I made a frog castle.  This is the frog who lives here."

"Red, blue, red, blue, red blue......  I made a pattern."

"It's a bridge for the people to cross on their way down the path to the frog castle."





- AK (MESE, MECD)

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I have ABC ice cube trays, but I'll have to look for some more interesting molds to look for. Where did you find yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BecauseMyFamily,
    I don't know that PAHM will see your post. Click on the hyperlinks in the blog post and they will take you to the website where she got them.
    -emily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...