We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Friday, May 11, 2012

DIY Sounds Bingo


The passive nature of hearing is very different from the active nature of listening.  Listening is one of the most important skills we can help children develop.  Listening is important in everything from academic and real world success to friendships and relationships.  Fun games like sounds bingo help children develop their listening skills. My son loves THIS game, and considering he has been really enjoying the light panel lately, I thought I would spice it up a little.  I photocopied a few of the game boards onto TRANSPARENT PAPER for light panel Bingo.  It was a huge hit.   

Then I thought I would create our own.  All you need is a cell phone with some fun ring tones, a program on your computer with clip art, transparent paper, and a printer.  Insert a table into your document, fill it with clip art that corresponds to the sounds on your phone, print it, and play.

**WE DID THIS ON THE LIGHT PANEL, BUT YOU CAN CREATE A DIY VERSION ON REGULAR PAPER AS WELL.  NO LIGHT PANEL NEEDED.**


Initial invitation (and the inspiration behind making my own)



Playing Sounds Bingo on the light panel






Our DIY version of sounds bingo



Playing with the DIY version

- AK (MESE, MECD)

1 comment:

  1. My son loves music and has such a fantastic ear for sound. I know he will enjoy this activity. I haven't really offered him any activities which focus on listening. We already have a set of instrument cards and I could probably download an iPad app with sounds.

    Thanks for the idea. I can see this developing into a whole range of listening games and activities.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...