We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Monday, February 6, 2012

A Glass Mosaic Adventure

Its always fun finding new materials to use on the light panel.  These glass tiles (from Michaels) did not disappoint.  My son built with them several times throughout the day.  It was interesting watching and tracking his play.  When we talk about something that encourages patience, this would be a prime example.  His creations fell - a lot - and I was there to support him through his frustrations. 


He always builds "garages".  This was his first attempt.


I continue to be impressed by his accuracy and focus - these things are not easy to stack.


The larger version fell, so he built another garage - with "stairs".

He needed to put a person in his garage.



Again, that structure fell, so he started again and it became a "house".



CRASH!

"When something falls, we just fix it."

Another "house" with the playmobil girl inside.


- AK (MESE, MECD)

9 comments:

  1. May I ask where you got those intriguing glass tiles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to run out and buy these immediately when I saw them here. I got them last night and set them out for play this morning. The kids were intrigued, but I couldn't keep my hands off! (A toy for me?) Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I know how you feel. I "might" have played with them longer and more often than my son. ;)AK

      Delete
  3. Yes please tell us where you found these tiles! I must have some or my life will not be complete! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, just spotted from 'Michaels'! Doh! We don't have Michaels here in Australia. What type of store is it and I might be able to find an equivalent here. Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was unable to spot at Michaels in our area :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pool sure does look cloudy! Call the pool boy.
    Glass Tile and Mosaic Tile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post. Thanks for sharing with us. I must say- with Lakhani you are sure to find exactly what you are looking for.
    kitchen renovations perth | semi precious stone | mosaics | natural stone tiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. These mosaics are really wonderful. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...