We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Homemade Geoboard

Materials:

Peg board (Size is up to you.  We used a leftover piece we had on hand).
Nuts and bolts (We used 32 x 1" and they seemed to fit perfectly).
Rubber bands 

The piece of peg board we had was white in color.  If you have a piece that is brown or another color I suggest painting it white.  My daughter is using rubber bands here, however, I plan on giving my 16M old a go at this with some soft hair ties.  I also skipped every other hole when putting the bolts in.  







4 comments:

  1. A geo-board has been on my list for a while now for when my son is a bit older and more developed in his fine motor skills. I think they look wonderfully engaging. I really do have to wait though. I think if I introduce it too early he will become quite frustrated with the activity.

    Really looking forward to making one - is there no end to the possibilities of peg board? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing this in a larger size as an awesome center in my elementary art classroom! I've had geoboards on my mind for a while now, but I like this idea much better: cheaper, less time to make, and doing it on a large scale will promote teamwork, sharing, etc! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Have you seen our giant vertical one that we made with basically the same concept? The children love it! http://www.childcentralstation.com/2011/08/diy-chalboard-feltboard-pegboard.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! How old is your daughter here?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...