We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Wind Chimes

As usual, my son inspired me to set this up, and then I inspired him to engage in it.  He LOVES wind chimes.  I swear he can hear them from a mile away.  There are several in our neighborhood and he points out every one whenever we go for a walk.  Today I took him to a spray groundl and there were wind chimes hanging all over the trees.  He was more interested in those than in the spray ground - so we stayed under those trees talking about wind chimes until he was ready to move on.  I asked him if he would like to make one when we got home and he replied with a giggly "yes". So we did.......

What you need:
  • wire
  • wire cutters
  • cutlery (or anything you think will "make music")
  • colored beads (optional)
Basically we just wrapped the wire around the cutlery and added beads.  I dont have a lot of pictures because this activity took a bit more "Mommy help".

cutting the wire
adding beads
cutting the wire
He wanted to hang it outside and play with it. It really did make some nice noise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...