We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Habitat

This was a great venue to talk about animals and their habitat.  It all started when my son was particularly interested in playing with his little animals.  I suggested that we go outside and find things for them to live in.  He got to cut down "trees" and bring in rocks and sand, etc - whatever he wanted.  He made a habitat using clay as the base of the trees - the only things I did was help stabilize the trees - the rest was ALL HIM.  There is ever a "lake" for the animals.  Soon after, RL and her girls were over for a play date and her daughter was super inspired by my son's habitat.....so they made one as well.  Its quite different from ours in that they used things around the playroom in addition to things from the natural environment.  - AK
Molding the clay
Adding "trees"
Animal kingdom

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Could you tell me where to find the colored magnet tiles? We had them at the preschool I taught at, and I want them for my daughter, but I can't remember who sells them. Thanks! LOVE your ideas! I am using so many while I'm home with my daughter this summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you get your lightbox and do you know how much it was??

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I follow this blog enough that I can actually answer both questions. The magnet blocks are from Discount School Supplies. They actually have a link set up from the blog, so you can see their favorite toys. The light box came from Lakeside toys. I think that is the name. They actually name the company on the page about the light table. I am sure they can provide more info. I just thought I would help since I read their blog daily. I am a blog stalker!! ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...